Derivatives in Fund Management
CPD Hours: 7
This one-day course is designed to provide a fast-track review of the main derivative instruments and how investment managers can use them to manage their client portfolios more effectively. It will particularly focus on the new wider powers under UCITS III.
Case studies form an integral part of this course, to enable the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions. No prior knowledge is assumed and all terms will be fully explained.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Financial Derivative Instruments (FDIs)
- OTC vs Exchange-Traded contracts
- Role of the Exchange and Clearing House
- Counterparty risk
- Margining contracts and documentation
- Investment Strategies offered by UCITS III Wider Powers
- How your firm uses Financial Derivative Instruments (FDIs) under UCITS III
- The Derivatives Risk Management Process at your firm
Who Should Attend?
- Client services and call centres
- Finance and accounting
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- Investment professionals
- IT and software developers
- Legal and compliance
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Forwards explained
- Exchange-Traded contracts
- Index futures
- Fixed income futures
- Currency contracts
- Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
- Application of UCITS III in authorised funds
Contact us for more information.