Introduction To Exchange-Traded Derivatives
CPD Hours: 3.5
This half-day workshop has been designed to provide a fast-track introduction to exchange-traded derivative contracts and their uses by investment managers, including UCITS III.
No prior knowledge is assumed and all terms will be fully explained.
Case studies form an integral part of the course, to allow the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Exchange-Traded futures and options
- The trading process (opening and closing positions)
- Role of the clearing house and marking to market
- Margin - initial margin, variation margin, buffer payments, maintenance margin
- Common strategies – hedging, asset allocation and switching
- Legacy EPM rules vs wider powers under UCITS III
Who Should Attend?
- Finance and accounting
- Investment administration and operations
- Investment professionals
- IT and software developers
- Legal and compliance
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Types of derivative contracts
- Opening and closing out
- Margining positions
- Index futures
- Gilt futures
Contact us for more information.