Introduction to Futures
CPD Hours: 3.5
This half-day workshop is designed to provide a fast-track review of the most commonly used futures contracts, pricing, margining and settlement, and how they are used in institutional client portfolios and retail funds under UCITS III.
No prior knowledge is assumed and all terms will be fully explained.
Case studies form an integral part of the course, to allow the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Different types of derivatives
- The role of the exchange and clearing house
- Cash flow structure:
- Initial margin
- Variation margin
- Maintenance margin
- Impact on fund valuations
- Common derivatives strategies:
- Asset switching
- Securitising cash
- Option strategies
- Impact of UCITS III on use of futures by Authorised Investment Funds
- Valuation approaches with derivatives
Who Should Attend?
- Client services and call centres
- Finance and accounting
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- Investment professionals
- Legal and compliance
- New entrants
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Exchange trading mechanics
- Margining positions
- Index futures
- Fixed income contracts
- Short-term interest rate futures (STIR)
Contact us for more information.