Introduction To Fixed Income
CPD Hours: 7
This one-day course is designed to provide a fast-track introduction to fixed income products and investment principles.
This workshop assumes no prior knowledge and is ideal for new joiners and people who want to improve their understanding of this important asset class and the investment strategies used at their firm.
Where possible we will use examples of your fund fact sheets and your firm’s investment strategies to bring the content to life.
Case studies form an integral part of the course, to allow the delegates to consolidate the information and provide the basis for group discussions.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- The role of fixed income securities in capital raising
- The relationship between price and yield
- The effects of political and economic changes on fixed income markets
- Duration and convexity
- The risks of fixed income
- Fixed income trading strategies
Who Should Attend?
- Client services and call centres
- Finance and accounting
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- Legal and compliance
- New entrants
- Risk management
- Sales and marketing
- Who buys fixed income?
- Credit ratings
- Features of bonds
- Fixed income products
- Redemption methods
- Market drivers
- Essential bond market maths
- Yields curves
- Government bonds – the markets
- Interest rate analysis
- Other issuers
- Risks of investing in bonds
- Corporate bonds
- Fixed Income investment strategies
- Global bonds/Eurobonds
Contact us for more information.