Understanding UK Retail Fund Distribution
CPD Hours: 3.5
This half-day workshop has been designed to provide an overview of the different methods of retail and institutional fund distribution in the UK market place. It will focus on wraps, fund supermarkets and the financial advisory market.
It will also cover the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) and the impact on fund distribution in the UK.
No prior knowledge is assumed but a basic understanding of different funds (eg OEICs, ICVCs, SICAVs) would be helpful.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will:
- Understand the key drivers on the UK Financial Services marketplace
- Be aware of the main types of distributors and their marketplace
- Recognise how distributors select funds and understand the needs of client advisers
- Understand the changing role of IFAs under RDR and MiFID 2.
- Identify the differences between Wraps and Fund Supermarkets and the key benefits to advisers
Who Should Attend?
- Sales Teams
- Marketing Teams
- HR and training
- Investment administration and operations
- IT & software developers
- Legal and compliance
- Client services and call centres
- What are the pressures on the financial services market place ?
- How does a firm win new business ?
- Advisory vs Discretionary
- Wraps vs fund supermarkets
- Fees and rebates under RDR
- PRIPS and MiFID 2 - impact on the UK market
Contact us for more information.