Understanding the Asset Management Industry
CPD Hours: 14
This two day course is for staff at a Board or managerial level. It aims to give a comprehensive insight into how the institutional asset management industry works. It will help delegates to see their own role in an industry and business context and gain a better understanding of the operational processes supporting successful performance and client service. The programme incorporates the latest research and thinking on the industry and includes input from experienced senior practitioners.
No prior industry experience is necessary to attend the course but it will be fast-paced. Pre-course work will be provided and a small amount of evening preparation is required.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- The UK marketplace and the key factors impacting on institutional business. How the industry is responding to the main challenges
- The financial dynamics of a firm, including investment fees, and understand the impact on costs and profitability The range of current approaches to asset management and how different investment processes work
- How different business models within the sector drive management style, culture and attitudes to competence Operational processes necessary for successful business development and client service Opportunities and restrictions of UK and EU financial regulation
Who Should Attend?
- Middle managers in new roles who require a broad overview of their firm
- Service providers including custodians, trustees and depositaries and administrators
- Managers in operational areas of the firm
- Legal and compliance
- Industry regulators and government departments
- PR, marketing, advertising and design firms working with clients in the institutional investment business
- Understanding the market
- Understanding institutional clients and business development
- Understanding the financials
- Looking into the future
- Investment management processes
- Investment processes and risk management
- Understanding operational risk management
- Current trends and themes in financial services regulation
- Asset management organisational structures
Contact us for more information.