Understanding the Impact of RDR
CPD Hours: 2-3
The Retail Distribution Review (RDR) has changed the funds landscape. It has had a dramatic impact on fund structures, pricing and distribution, especially platforms and the advisory market. This short, focused workshop has been designed for fund operators and managers, rather than advisers.
It will cover the practical issues arising from the RDR, look at latest FSA Guidance and consultations and provide a route map for firms to demonstrate competence to the Regulator.
At the end of the workshop, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Current FSA thinking
- Impact on the UK market and fund platforms
- Impact on fund structures and pricing
- How your competitors are addressing RDR
- New fund opportunities under RDR
- What the future is likely to hold
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Managers
- Risk Managers
- Legal & Compliance
- Sales & Marketing
- Investment specialists
- Investment Operations Managers
- Background to the Retail Distribution Review
- FSA Consultations, Guidance, Policy Statements in issue
- Impact on funds
- New share classes
- Changes to institutional share classes for sale to retail clients
- Fund pricing
- KID documentation and practical issues
- Implementing the RDR at your firm
- Changing your sales model
- Changes to the business model as fee structures change
- IT issues
- Legal and documentation issues
- Distribution post-RDR
- Initial commission
- Legacy trail commission
- Advisers T&C requirements
- Impact for Platforms
- New fund opportunities post RDR
- Lower TERs for active funds
- Lower cost trackers
- What the competition is doing to compete post-RDR?
- EU legislation in the pipeline
Contact us for more information.